Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Storm and the Link

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I've got a two-fer for you all today, neither of which are even remotely related except by the horrific connections of Found Horror. So on with it...

First of all, we have a single shot of the first of many approaching storm clouds that whipped through our area (Kalamazoo and surrounding counties) last night. I managed to get a quick shot off just before the onslaught blacked out the sun... which is funny, cuz it never really went down that way here in Portage. Somehow the bulk of the frenzy skimmed right over us and did a bit of damage to outer counties. Anyway, few things can conjure up that innate sense of fear and eminent danger like an oncoming storm. Many horror films -possibly too numerous to mention- have used the whip-crack of thunder and the pulsating flash of lightning to build mood and set the scene for an evil scientist, a lone werewolf, or even a lumbering creature. So here's my shot from the parking lot of the store and yes, I do wish I'd gotten a few different shots... but sadly, I actually had to perform duties. Anyway, hope ya like it.


The second in our two-pack today is a little link I stumbled upon on FaceBook. It's one of those lists that you either agree with, deride whole-heartedly, or nod in admiration at the author for even putting as much effort into it as he did. It's CollegeDegree.com's 'Ten Horror Movies That Changed The Genre'. Take a look and at least give it a read. I have to admit, I'm leaning toward loving at least six of these, so that's pretty solid.

So there ya go: Found Horror for the day. As always, please check out the QUIZ right there on the right and send an answer either via the comments below or the comments below this article! And you can also send me a line or your own Found Horror to: Found.Horror@gmail.com!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment