Monday, April 25, 2011

The Tree of Woes

So we went to my brother's house for Easter yesterday and I had no notion of finding any kind of Horror over there. It's amazing what pops up when you're not really looking, isn't it?

His backyard is in the process of getting some much needed landscape renovation and he has this one tree in the very back by the far end of the fence. The tree is gnarly, warped, and horrendously misshapen. It obviously caught my attention right away... well, once I saw it it did. Not that it was hidden or anything, since my children took to it right away... as kids are wont to do when there's a creepy tree with some kind of terrifying magnetic pull, I just wasn't looking for anything, so I kinda missed it. And it is creepy, too. In fact, since this is Found Horror, and the whole idea is to match a piece of located terror with a scene in a movie or some other kind of media... what do you think I thought of right away? The tree from POLTERGEIST, obviously! That scene used to give me the willies! Branches punching through the window to grab Robbie... awful.

Anyway, that's your Found Horror for today: a creepy-ass tree. *shudder*

Oh, and I included the original picture and a PhotoShop-doctored version, which I find pretty sweet. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment